Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I get access to my home computer from Other computers so that I can watch TV?

I have a TV Tuner card in my home pc. And its connected to cable. Now when I am traveling or on other computers, Can I still get an access to my home pc and watch TV though that? I know little bit about remote Desktop connection. But I am not sure if it will let me do what I want. Also, I am aware of the internet speed that may cause the videos to not work properly. All I would like to know is that is it even possible what I am trying to do here?



Thanks for your answers.



How can I get access to my home computer from Other computers so that I can watch TV?virus removal



I am sure ''Remote Control'' can do that. Remote Control allow you control your remote machine and run any application on the remote machine from local. I have tried to remote control one computer within LAN to see movie, it is quite good. But I am not sure how much it would be affected when you do that through internet.



There are lots of such so-called Remote Control applications as VNC, MS termial service (RDC, remote desktop connection)and PC-anywhere.



The most generally being used is VNC and MS termial service. But unfortunately, It only works within LAN or the machine with a public IP address.



But when you are away from home and going to remote control your machine at home to see cable TV(I throught it is in your home LAN, and don't have a dedicated IP) , you may need couple tips more than just Remote Control softwares to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment