Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I connect two computers in separate rooms using AT&T's gateway dsl modem.?

I've heard that AT%26T's gateway dsl modem is also a wireless router, if so, what is the cheapest way to connect two computers to the internet without having to run cables up and down my hallway or through my walls?



I've read links on other websites suggesting USB antennas, can those be used, how do they work, how much do they cost, and where can I find them?



How do I connect two computers in separate rooms using AT%26T's gateway dsl modem.?kawasaki



AT%26T uses a 2wire Gateway Router and Gateway modem. It really is a very good device. It is indeed wirelessly enabled. WPA is already set (the code is on the label of the unit between the braces [ code ] ) I have the exact same setup. All my computers are connected and locally networked as well as connected to the internet. A cheap USB stick is probably the easiest to use. They run from 12-40 bucks the lower cost ones seem to work just as well as the higher priced ones.



If you already have wireless in one unit just use it, it will connect, If you don't have a wireless card just get a USB and your done.



Here is a really inexpensive one.



http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=...



$12.50



My unit covers the entire house upstairs and down just fine.



Merry Christmas and God Bless



How do I connect two computers in separate rooms using AT%26T's gateway dsl modem.?nortan antivirus

No comments:

Post a Comment