Friday, August 20, 2010

Will this router link 3 computers in my home?

My sisters and I are intersted in purchasing a router to hook all our computers up to. We have:



Dell Inspiron Laptop



Compaq Presario Desktop



HP Pavilion Desktop



The laptop is equipped with a wireless card and broadband hook up.



The desktops have broadband hook ups as well.



I was looking at this router:



The Linksys庐 WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router



Any suggestions on the correct item I need if this one is incrrect?



Will this router link 3 computers in my home?symantic



Yup - It'll do fine. It handles both -B and -G wireless so your laptop can almost certainly connect wirelessly. The router can handle up to 4 wired connections, so your desktops are OK, too, even without buying wireless cards.



On the other hand, I agree with CompDan - While Linksys makes good equipment, I prefer NetGear...



Will this router link 3 computers in my home?viruses



yes it will. the laptop will utilise the wi-fi and you ethernet cable for the desktops. it can theoretically hold 50 wifi comps and 4 cable connected comps.
First make sure the laptop has G-type wireless which it should, and this router will work just fine for what you want to do. Although in the past I have had troubles with using linksys wireless and I actually just bought a new NetGear router which hasn't had a single issue!
it shall work no problem makre sure u put a password... why so u neirborhood won't steal u connection or worst case hacking u network.
Once of the desk tops can hook directly to your cable. The other will need a wireless card if you don't have an easy way to hook up the cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment