Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I want to run two computers off one hard drive; how?

I came across a SATA drive - I've got a laptop and a desktop that I want to do stuff. Ideally, I want to have control of two computers without using a network. If possible I'd also like to share resources (one processor is in charge of X processes and the other's in charge of Y processes) ....? Any ideas?



I want to run two computers off one hard drive; how?free spyware remover



Can't be done as far as the way that you describe. But what it sounds like you want is a server that can be accessed by both machines and you can have shared data.



I want to run two computers off one hard drive; how?ktm



im lost!......cant do that however, you can terminate sata cable out from one pc then goes to the other but this never done before...theres no harm on trying (only the computers).
You can get both computers to access the hard-drive simultaneously, but only by using a network (research the network boot option in Windows).



Firstly, as a previous answerer said, you can get one computer to act as a server. This could work but only



1) if you have a network between them



2) if you decide to use Remote Desktop type software (IE VNCviewer, which is free) to control one computer with the other



  • common name given to
  • favorite girl and boy names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment