Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I check my computers capabilities?

I don鈥檛 know my computers capabilities and I need to see what they are so I can upgrade to what I need to run programs for school. I know I go to start then run and then I鈥檓 supposed to type something that starts with dx but after that I don鈥檛 know remember. Please help 鈥?thank you



How can I check my computers capabilities?free adware remover



DXDiag is only going to tell you about DirectX on your hard drive, isn't it? If you want to know about your processor and amount of memory, right click on ''My Computer'' and click ''Properties''. In that window it will tell you the type of processor you have, the CPU's and the amount of RAM.



If you want to know about the other components of your computer, then click on ''Start'', ''Accessories'', ''System Tools'', ''System Information''. You'll get a list of all the hardware you have installed.



How can I check my computers capabilities?internet security 2006



Here is all the Windows XP commands:



http://www.ss64.com/nt/
go to run and type in dxdiag
go to run and type in dxdiag..... or go to start, then control panel, then performance and maintenance, then system and that will give you basic info about your PC... you could also download a program called Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (Version 7.2a) I'll give you the link and it will give you all the info you need



http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Belarc Advisor or Everest. Both will tell you everything you need to know.
An easy way to get an overview of how powerful your computer is: Right click on 'My Computer' (either from the desktop or from the start menu), select 'Properties'. The 'General Tab' shows you informaiton about operating system, CPU speed, and memory. That should give you enough information, goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment