Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need help file sharing a network with 2 home computers....?

i want to network my computer to my sisters laptop to burn them from her computer while my other one is down. it was easy to network my 2 computers together because they both have XP well my sisters lap top has vista and i am not really familiar with it so when i networked them it didnt file share it only shared the inter net...someone help please



I need help file sharing a network with 2 home computers....?antispam



what u need to do is to set up remote desktop on both of the 2 computers that is using window xp on it so follow this link for more information



I need help file sharing a network with 2 home computers....?avast



Wit Vista you need to have a user name on both machines so it authenticates. Meaning, jim on XP and Jim on Vista. So JIm can log in.



Geez I cant stand Vista
Make sure that file sharing is enabled on the Vista machine. It's a checkbox in one of the network related sections of control panel.



Right click on My Computer of the Vista machine, go to Properties, and check the computer name. Also in this tab, make sure both computers are on the same Workgroup.



On the XP machine, you should now be able to got to Network Connections on Control Panel %26gt; My Network Places %26gt; Add a network place %26gt; and browse for the name of your Sister's computer.



Once you have her computer added as a place you should be able to browse folders set at shared in their properties. If not something is being blocked by a firewall. So unplug your internet connection and turn off all firewalls on your computers and then set the network place. It should work normally after setting it up the first time.
You will find the answer here



http://www.e-tutes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment