Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Im not real big on computers can someone tell me how to raise my ram?

im just not good with computers help please.



Im not real big on computers can someone tell me how to raise my ram?anti virus



You buy some more and you install them.



Better take it to a computer shop where they can do it for you.



Im not real big on computers can someone tell me how to raise my ram?auto protect



Hi - we probably can if you can provide us with just a little more information. If you have a brand name computer (like Dell, HP, etc.), just post the brand name, and model number. If this is a non-brand name PC, then run this program:



http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php



You download PC Wizard, double-click it, and take the defaults for it to install, then start the program. The information we need is what is listed at the top of the first PC Wizard screen for the ''Mainboard''. It might be a text name, or a strange string of numbers and letters (mine is P5N32-E SLI). If you edit and re-post your question, or email me, you will likely get a good answer right away, and maybe some links to good prices on ram for your PC - good luck
If you go to www.crucial.com, you will see on the home page a guide to scan your computer which will tell you how many slots you have (each stick of RAM goes into its own slot), and how much RAM is in each slot already, and it will give you the exact type of RAM that is compatible with what you already have. On the one or two times I upgraded RAM, I have found their prices very competitive, and I've never had a problem with their RAM. I would expect their price to be quite a bit cheaper than the OEM of your computer, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Typically one would buy more RAM and install it. It's easy to install.

No comments:

Post a Comment